05/10/2009

Chris's Teaching Method, Perfect 'colour de-programming'!! and a thanks lol

been meaning to post on this topic for ages!

I suppose this is essentially feedback for Chris, and my overview of the most 'amazing' part of his teaching in general, for me. When i say amazing, i mean how much what i can see around me has changed, (practicly everything) since he started teaching us.

Today Chris went over the 'symbols' part of our old education briefly. That is, that in school we are taught that the grass is green, and leaves are green, and the sea is blue... and that a brick is red and rectangular... you get the idea XD

Basicaly only since i started uni did i realise that this was indeed how i had been taught. I love uni lessons so much because they are so different to what school has (or rather didnt...) taught.

This is where i get to the programming part... This is just a way to explain what im on about...
You can compare a human being to a computer in that we are taught that this is right, this is wrong, this happens because of this, etc etc.

From an early age, we have these 'symbols' 'programmed' into us as kids, and only now (well last year to be precise) do i realise how wrong the beeps were!!

Chris is literaly de-programming that in us, and my goodness is the world a prettier place.

Its so strange, and gives such a refreshing view of the world around myself. EVERYTHING is just so vibrant again, and so damn colourful!!! And the best part is, there is an infinate combination of views and combinations fo everything, every colour, every scene, every day! I only see this now since he has taught us how to see again really lol

No day is the same, no cloud is the same, grass is not green at all, and the sky is not blue.

I find myself seeing the full spectrum in every view, that perfectly natural balance of all colours.

To be honest i cant explain how amazed i am. how amazing the world looks now.

That is unless my eyes are going into overdrive, but i highly doubt this, because once upon a time, i was taught that things are solidly what they are and cannot be anything else, when they BLADDY well can and ARE!!!!!!!!!

I think i speak for at least my whole year when i say thankyouuuu! thats to all 3 of the lecturers and I am really looking forward to this year. Im still just as excited as when i started, and more.

THANKS!!!

1 comment:

Michael Powell said...

thrilled to read this - sometimes its good to know we're hitting the mark, and i like the concept of calling it 'de-programming'

thx cherelle